Friday, July 16, 2010

2008's Greatest Hits

Yesterday marked the 11-month anniversary of the "blog" version of T.M.K. It's still in disarray and has no real focus, but I think that's how it's supposed to be anyway.. Looking back on the posts from August '09, the first random list was a reworking of 2007's Greatest Hits, which got rewritten because my opinion after 2 years had changed so drastically that I ended up kind of offending myself. And looking back now, it really hadn't occurred to me how great 2008 was for music.. Unlike the 2007 list, my opinion hasn't changed quite as drastically, but I just enjoy seeing the difference anyway.. And something inside of me still believes that anyone truly cares, or may use this for recommendations..

There's something about 2-summers-ago that always makes me nostalgic, and now is no exception. I'm really trying so hard to find good 2010 music.. And for some reason, finding good new stuff is more frustratingly difficult than it's possibly ever been for me.. But anyway, while the fun and sun of '08 is still 2-years-fresh, I decided to take a quick break from posting 80's videos and got way WAY too exciting while throwing together this revamp...

50 Katy Perry “Hot & Cold”
49 Hot Chip “Wrestlers”
48 The Ting Tings “That’s Not My Name”
47 Black Kids “Hurricane Jane”
46 Wolf Parade “An Animal In Your Care”
45 Bon Iver “For Emma”
44 Autolux “Audience No. 2”
43 Kid Cudi “Day N’ Nite”
42 Jay Reatard “See Saw”
41 Lil Wayne “Dr. Carter”

40 TV On The Radio “DLZ”
39 Lil Wayne “Lollipop”
38 Neon Neon “I Lust U”
37 Neyo “Closer”
36 Death Cab For Cutie “I Will Possess Your Heart”
35 Lil Wayne “Shoot Me Down”
34 CSS “Move”
33 MGMT “The Youth”
32 Chris Brown “With You”
31 Vampire Weekend “Oxford Comma”

30 Blitzen Trapper “Black River Killer”
29 Kanye West “Heartless”
28 The Mars Volta “Goliath”
27 The Ravonettes “Aly Walk With Me”
26 Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown “No Air”
25 Holy Ghost! “Hold On”
24 Wolf Parade “The Grey Estates”
23 Alphabeat “Fascination”
22 No Age “Eraser”
21 Estelle “American Boy”

20 Blitzen Trapper “God And Suicide”
19 Lil Wayne “A Milli”
18 Panic At The Disco “That Green Gentleman”
17 Cut Copy “Far Away”
16 Beyonce “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
15 No Age “Ripped Knees”
14 Blitzen Trapper “Sleepy Time In The Western World”
13 Kanye West “Flashing Lights”
12 MGMT “Electric Feel”
11 Lil Wayne “Comfortable”

10 Black Moth Super Rainbow “Zodiac Girls”
09 Wolf Parade “Call It A Ritual”
08 Vampire Weekend “A-Punk”
07 Cut Copy “So Haunted”
06 No Age “Sleeper Hold”
05 Silversun Pickups “Little Lover’s So Polite”
04 Hot Chip “We’re Looking For A Lot Of Love”
03 Wolf Parade “Soldier’s Grin”
02 MGMT “Kids”
01 No Age “Teen Creeps”

No comments:

Post a Comment