Wednesday, February 29, 2012

more davy jones

I had a dream when I was like 6 or 7 that 1967-era Davy Jones sang "I Wanna Be Free" to me personally and presented me with flowers in a very non-gay manner. The instrumentation of the song started playing out of nowhere which was completely normal for some reason. My reaction throughout the song was something along the lines of "Ohh Davy!" repeated over and over along with fake-crying, in a tone that suggested "now stop it, you shouldnt have!" Davy ignored my reaction and continued singing as if we were trapped in an episode of the show, which also seemed very normal within the dream.

Davy with Neil Young on guitar...


Now realizing that Davy did not sing on any of my favorite Monkeees songs, and he was probably my least favorite overall. But he was my mom's favorite so yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment