Saturday, April 17, 2010

Record Store Day

http://pitchfork.com/news/38480-the-pitchfork-guide-to-record-store-day-2010/

If I didn't have to work all day, here's what I would have searched for at Record Store Day...

  1. Sonic Youth's EVOL (being reissued tomorrow)
  2. of Montreal "Subtext Read" (new song being released on 7-inch vinyl)
  3. Rolling Stones "Plundered My Soul" (unreleased song from 1971 on 7-inch vinyl)

Hm.. I assumed there'd be more cool stuff to search for... But I do know the new Beak> song is being released on vinyl today also.. which is probably in my 5 favorite songs of 2010 so far. It's called "Wulfstan" and you can stream it at Beak>'s myspace. And hey, lookit that.. Beak> is actually appearing at some record store in the UK tomorrow in celebration.

I also thought this was kind of interesting...

The first 100 people who visit Hospital Productions, the noise store owned by Dominick Fernow of Prurient and Cold Cave, will be invited to record their own one-minute noise cassettes.

Noise fucking wins. There's nothing more DIY or punk in the whole world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment