Monday, August 15, 2011

2000's Guilt #38: Britney Spears "I'm A Slave 4 U" (2001)

I'm guessing here, but there has to be a huge collection of Neptunes demos that they've saved up over the years... This would make sense. They didn't write "I'm A Slave 4 U" and "Boys" while Britney was standing there next to them in the studio. I think they probably get asked to submit demos of finished versions except for the vocals, and I would guess the singing would be from Pharrell Williams. If this is the case, I would absolutely be interested in hearing these. Imagine a version of "I'm A Slave 4 U" or "Rock Your Body" with Pharrell on vocals.. I fucking need to hear these things. Boxed set coming soon we hope.

Back when The Neptunes ruled the world, they saved Britney from sounding boring like she did on all of her other songs. No-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment