Saturday, March 27, 2010

90's Guilty Pleasures #8: Londonbeat "I've Been Thinking About You" (1991)

If TimeLife's 70's A.M. Gold series ever needs a 90's equivalent to release anytime soon, I'd like to propose this idea: "Supermarket Gold," which would be songs played very often while shopping for produce. "I've Been Thinking About You" would be a strong contender for disc 1, track 1, partially because it's damn hilarious. And it's also better than 90% of early-90's UK dance-rock, combining falsetto from Fine Young Cannibals with a guitar lick clearly stolen from Johnny Marr, although I'm having trouble ID'ing which Smiths song this would have been. Ladies, if your man puts this song on your mixtape, it means he truly loves you. Gentlemen, if you sing this song for karaoke, I will buy you a tasty beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment