Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy 09.09.09!

On the east coast, there's only about 3 hours left of the 9th day of the 9th month in the 9th year of the 3rd millennium. It's a trippy situation.

Ten years ago was 09/09/99, an experience I have captured on VHS somewhere.. I went back and forth between camcorder funth and taping the VMA's from that night.. I'm pretty sure this was the night Lauryn Hill won Best Video with "Doo Wop (That Thing)" and Paul McCartney announced the winner as "some guy named Lawrence Hill."

The Beatles reissues and The Beatles Rock Band are released today. I already went nuts over the reissues and I have no desire to play Rock Band right now. That movie 9 was released which I saw this afternoon, which I would not recommend.. watch Wall-E or Coraline instead. I may close out the evening by finally getting around to seeing District 9 and listening to the newly remastered "Revolution 9." And yes, it's all because I'm an extremely dorky nerd. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment