Monday, October 5, 2009

Dr. Octagon

I found a link to the Dr. Octagon album, and I decided this was definitely something I should share as soon as possible. It's possibly my favorite hiphop album of alltime..


Visit this link or visit Cosmic Hearse which I finally got to peruse last night.. I spent about 2 hours digging through their album collection, and I ended up grabbing at least 10 of them before I decided I was too tired to stay awake any longer.

I've been considering a new direction for Taste My Kids as of late, and album-blogging, or mix-blogging, might be something worthy.

I think what makes Cosmic Hearse my favorite website/blog/internet-thing of the moment is that their collection is made up of probably 85% blackmetal and deathmetal albums, so you know that when you find anything other than those 2 genres, it's gonna be severely badass. Here's a few more that I would highly recommend..

Wicked Witch "Satanic Cocaine Funk"
Look no further than this record's outstanding album art to understand its power.

Boredoms "Soul Discharge"
Their first record from 1989..

DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist "Brainfreeze"
The perfect 7-11 soundtrack album. They even shot the cover photo in front of a Slurpee machine.

Lord Hitler (Rehearsal Tape)
Some good insight..

Straight Outta Compton (Explicit Lyrics Only Version)
Probably the most important album ever made.. referring specifically to THIS version, of course.. If you listen to nothing else all day, just make this the one. Do it for me. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment