Wednesday, July 28, 2010

VMA'S LOL

Lately this blog has been turning into "stuff I wrote down while I was bored at work..."

I have no idea how this occurred to me, but usually around this time of year is when they announced the VMA nominees, and I made a bet with myself that I could correctly predict what they're gonna foist onto the kids this year, keeping in mind that MTV is now obsessed with "celebrity" and "fashion" far more than music or music videos... The only reason they still show the VMA's every year is because corporations will pay huge bucks to have new commercials premiere, because they know that stupid people will tune in to see "celebrities."

I have no idea when they're supposed to announce these, but I'd guess within the next week... The predictions themselves have been bolded..

Best Video:
"Bad Romance", "Empire State Of Mind", "Rude Boy".. I'm pretty sure all 3 of these are locks.. They usually have something random and recent as well, which is why "California Gurls" might make an appearance here.. And they usually throw a bone to Eminem. I have no idea what any of his recent videos look like, but I'm gonna guess "Not Afraid" since "Love The Way You Lie" also features Rhianna, which would create redundancy clashing with "Rude Boy."

Best Male:
Usher's "OMG" and Drake's "Find Your Love" are more than likely the locks for this category.. I'm pretty sure Bieber's "Baby" will be nom'd as well, as it should be, since it recently became the #1 video in the history of Youtube. I'm not sure if "Empire State Of Mind" counts for this since Alicia Keys is featured so prominently, but if it does count, it will obviously be included here. And I'd be surprised if Eminem was left out.. If the Jay-Z collab does count for this, I can't see why "Love The Way You Lie" wouldn't be included here, since afterall it's the #1 song in the country right now... Although it wouldn't be out of the question to see someone like B.O.B. show up with "Nothin' On You..." It just somehow seems like less of a lock than those mentioned previously.

(EDIT 8/3/10: I recently discovered that "Love The Way You Lie" doesn't yet have a finished video.. They're actually shooting it this week. So while I have the chance, since this still hasn't been announced yet, Ima switch this over to "Nothin' On You.")

Best Female:
The most obvious inclusions here are those which are also up for best video: "Bad Romance", "Rude Boy", "California Gurls" .. It would be odd to see "Tik Tok" up against "California Gurls" since they're the exact same song, but stranger things have happened.. And closing things out, "Party In The USA" seems to fit in here just fine.

Elsewhere, I'd like to think they might be bold enough to nominated Phoenix's "1901" for "Best Rock," although I'd be shocked to see them win a VMA..

No comments:

Post a Comment