Tuesday, June 7, 2011

90's Jams (Bonus): Ash "Girl From Mars" (1995)

This is starting to get weird.. I think all of the "Bonus" 90's Jams release dates extend only between 1993 and 1996. Meh.. whatever. So I was just about to post something along the lines of "Damn, I read somewhere that Ash wrote this song in 10 minutes back when they were only like 16," but then I remembered that I often confuse the stories between "Girl From Mars" and its sister-Jam "Kung Fu.." So that story does not pertain to this song. I was also going to mention that it's included on the Angus soundtrack, but it turns out that was also regarding "Kung Fu."

However, the entire 1977 LP was written and recorded while the band was only 16, so I guess that part of the story still holds up... I suppose it's notable that "Girl From Mars" had a different music video in the UK than in the US. I think I like the UK one better..

No comments:

Post a Comment