Saturday, March 20, 2010

90's Guilty Pleasures #22: Powerman 5000 "When Worlds Collide" (1999)

This only really occurred to me today, but there may be some homoerotic undertones surrounding Powerman 5000 and "When Worlds Collide" that I hadn't previously noticed. It's clearly of a sexual and dominant nature... But there's something about the name Powerman 5000, combined with that monster guitar riff, which by the way is possibly an improvement from the song's most obvious influence, Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People." I don't feel like giving this much more thought, but for the first time ever, this song shines with flamboyant gayness. Anyway...

This was one of those songs I didn't especially care for, until it was used in a videogame, in this case Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. I've been a fan ever since. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment