Friday, March 11, 2011

a few things... (lame editorial)

Yuck doesn't really sound like they're from the 90's at all, despite 2 separate nearly identical claims from Pitchfork (#1 and #2). They could just as easily be from the 80's or the 00's. I ended up listening to the album with a skewed starting point thanks to being told ahead of time that I should enjoy them because they sound 90's even though they totally fucking don't at all.

I didn't really get to complain about this yet, but the whole thing about how they're bringing back Beavis & Butthead just to have them do the same thing The Soup and Tosh.0 are already doing is probably the single greatest buzzkill of 2011... I was completely psyched and happy as fuck to hear B&B commentary on weird new videos that might have only been seen otherwise on Subterranean or Headbangers Ball... But instead they'll be commenting on Keyboard Cat and Pauly D. Because it's more marketable to children that way. And I'm so upset about this that I may never watch MTV again for the rest of my life, and I'll probably try my best to make people feel bad for watching MTV... So the next person who asks me if I saw last night's Jersey Shore, or if I caught some moment on the VMA's, you won't be happy with what I have to say. It's gonna get personal. I'm at that point of frustration.

Last night, Spike TV aired a fucking awful computer animated special about Charlie Sheen.. I didn't get to see most of it, but I was distracted by the audio being played very loudly while trying to read in the other room... It annoyed me to the point where I now can no longer stand hearing about the issue. I know media over-saturation is supposed to be a common marketing strategy to help really stupid people make money, and I'm also entitled to be annoyed by it. They didn't even cancel Two And A Half Men. If he had succeeded in at least getting an awful TV show cancelled, something positive might have come from this.

And finally, it's recently come to our attention that readership for Taste My Kids is at an alltime low. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's at zero. I'm not sure why this makes any difference, we will still continue the 90's Jams until we get to #1, and time willing, we'll have some bonus extras after that point as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment