Sunday, March 20, 2011

i just paid for music

I've been doing this weird thing lately where I'm actually paying for music.. on vinyl.. Because vinyl and mp3's are the only 2 formats that make any sense at all. And mp3's are free. And I wanted to purchase "Goblin" because Tyler fucking deserves it. And I wanted to own the Ringo Deathstarr album (out on Tuesday) because they fucking deserve it. No regrets here.

P.S. Record Store Day is in a month or so.. They're re-releasing Hormoaning, which is something I probably would not buy unless it was like $6 (which is only fair.. 1 dollar per song... unless there's bonus tracks I guess..) And it will def be like $15 so fuck that.

Foo Fighters and Deftones are both releasing albums called "Covers" with all or most of their studio covers.. which would be a much better idea for a Nirvana release than re-releasing Hormoaning. I do feel bad for the kids in like October of 1992 who were like "holy fucking shit, Nirvana covered DEVO??" and then spent like $50 to hear a song that they could have heard on Incesticide for $12 only 2 months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment