Sunday, August 29, 2010

90s Jams #70: Modest Mouse "Whenever You Breathe Out, I Breathe In (Positive/Negative)" (1996)

The single version of this was chosen over the EP version, because the performance and the subtle production changes seem to fit the song that much better, in my own opinion anyway.. I can't find anything good from Allmusic or Wikipedia or any other sources for this one... I know it's a bad description to just say the song speaks for itself, but when it comes to sad songs, I mean, honestly... There's no cryptic sugar coating here. Stay in bed for a month. Quit your job. Drink beer. Chain-smoke. What fucking difference does it make anyway? Bummer slack. It's one of those rare examples of pure apathy and depression, right down to the "fuck it" lo-fi production elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment