Wednesday, December 1, 2010

champagne champagne on MTV-U

For the past 6 weeks or so, I've been falling-asleep-to/waking-up-to MTV's attempt to cash in on the concept that American colleges and universities often have TV channels that play in cafeterias and in student/community centers on their campuses which normally are programmed by mostly new music videos.

MTV-U has mostly been annoying, especially since they started playing Kid Rock's new video.. However, this morning I was impressed by an hour of videos programmed by a band from Seattle who I've never heard of before this morning. MTV-U has this show called "Dean's List" (lame title) where random whoevers get to choose 10 videos that they like. I was annoyed a few weeks ago when some random-ass college football dude who appears on one of MTV's reality shows got to pick 8 boring hiphop videos, along with 1 by Coldplay and 1 by MGMT. This annoyed me since it's always been my dream to program a video channel, even for a day or so.. Especially with MTV, considering the vastness of their vaults (with both music videos and many of the best TV shows I've ever seen).

After this morning, I might not want to make this a life's goal any longer, since Champagne Champagne chose the best 10 consecutive videos I've ever seen on MTV in my entire life...

#10 Wu-Tang Clan "Da Mystery Of Chessboxing"
#9 The Beatles "A Day In The Life"
#8 Sonic Youth "100%"
#7 The Smiths "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"
#6 Outkast "B.O.B."
#5 The Dead Milkmen "Punk Rock Girl"
#4 Geto Boys "My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me"
#3 Pavement "Cut Your Hair"
#2 Sir Mix-A-Lot "Posse On Broadway"
#1 Nirvana "Lithium"

Kind of amazing... I didn't even know there was a video for "A Day In The Life."

Congratulations to Champagne Champagne for eliminating one of my childhood dreams. I have no idea what this band sounds like, but here's their myspace...

myspace.com/champagnechampagne

No comments:

Post a Comment